Is my Switch hackable?#
All current Switch models are hackable, however the exploit methods are different and vary in difficulty.
This guide will help you identify what Switch model you own and what exploit you can use.
Current Switch models:#
- If you purchased your switch before august 2018, then you have an unpatched Erista model and your Switch can use the RCM vulnerability.
- If you purchased your Switch after august 2018, it may be patched. You can still check if your Switch is unpatched here.
- If your Switch is unpatched, then your Switch can use the RCM vulnerability.
- If your Switch is patched and is on firmware
4.1.0then you can use PegaScape to hack your Switch.
- If your Switch is patched and is on a later firmware version then you can use an SX Core modchip to modify your Switch.
- Please be aware that currently the modchip is currently extremely hard to find and needs to be soldered onto the motherboard.
- If you have a Switch that came in a red box or a Switch Lite, then it's a Mariko model. Mariko cannot use the RCM vulnerability. However you can use an SX Core or SX Lite modchip to hack your Switch.
If you are still uncertain whether your Switch is hackable or not, then you can check by clicking here and inputting your serial number for your Switch.
You can find your serial number either underneath your Switch, on the box of your Switch, or you can go into your
Settings, then pick
System, and then pick
Serial Numbers. Your console's serial number will be displayed there.