Hello and welcome to All Saints. All are welcome to join us on the High Street in Banstead. We are a Church of England church.
We are part of the Banstead 5 group of churches - you can find out more about this here: Banstead5
At All Saints we worship God together in different ways. We try to always make our faith and trust in Jesus grow. We want to be a loving, supportive family of all ages who make the good news of Jesus accessible for everyone.
We aim to be a community of disciples, confidently sharing the good news about Jesus through word and action in the community of Banstead and beyond. This means we will continue learning to "love God and love others as we love ourselves."
At the heart of all we do is our belief in God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe that we can know God through the Bible, and that He has revealed himself most clearly through his Son, Jesus Christ. We believe God makes himself known personally to each of us through the work of the Holy Spirit. We believe that our faith never stops growing and developing as we try to live faithful and obedient lives following Jesus, and demonstrating his love to others so that they might come to know Him too.
John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life."
Regular services and events
- Sunday morning service - Holy Communion with our RSCM choir 930am - PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SERVICE IS STREAMED ONTO OUR LISTED YOUTUBE CHANNEL - there is an area off camera for all those not involved in leading the service in any way. Communion can also be brought to you here. However if you would like to involved in any part of the service, and can't be on camera for any reason, please chat to Rev Phil or the Safeguarding Officer about this so we can make alternative arrangements.
Click here to find out more about what to expect at this service - 930 Service
- Weekly midweek said service of Holy Communion 10am Wednesdays
- Weekly prayers for peace - Wednesdays 11am in church
- Morning prayer by Zoom Monday to Friday 9am - please contact ask Anne Anthony at email@example.com for more details
- Evening prayer in church Monday to Friday 4pm
- Teddies 10 minutes - every Wednesday from 1.45pm to 3.00pm in Church - aimed at babies and pre-schoolers with their important grown ups.
- Zoom coffee mornings every Thursday 11-12pm. Contact Sofia for login details.
- 1st and 2nd Sunday of each month - BCP Holy Communion 8am
- 3rd Sunday of each month - Choral Evensong 630pm
- Last Sunday of the month - Together@3 (T@3) service - 3pm - more information here - T@3
- Prayer Tree Prayers - 1st Friday of every month at 4.30pm
- ASY (All Saints Youth) - our church youth group for young people of High School age. We meet twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Sundays from 5.00pm to 7.00pm
As well as being Epiphany tomorrow, we are also starting an ADDITIONAL TEDDIES TODDLER GROUP, Fridays 9.30-11am at the church.
Our Wednesday group is going well, but we are starting this new group as well for parents and carers with especially younger toddlers who might find a morning group easier to work with, to fit in nap times etc.
All are welcome to join us and please spread the word to anyone that you think might be interested.
Many Thanks and have a Blessed 2023!
All Saints Church have launched a group aimed at those who want to explore Christianity further, in a relaxed setting, whilst sharing a coffee together.
“Coffee and Christ” continues to meet at Caffé Nero on Banstead High Street on Wednesdays from 11:15am to 12:30pm. To join us, please just turn up!!
All Saints Church will continue to open as a warm hub on Wednesdays from 3.30pm to 6pm until the end of February
Free hot drinks and soup, a warm place to chat and a friendly welcome continue to be available for all
The churches of the B5 are coming together to start off the week of prayer for Christian Unity on Wednesday 18th January at 10am for a service of Holy Communion. For this Week of Prayer for Christian Unity we are guided by the churches of Minneapolis as we seek to explore how the work of Christian unity can contribute to the promotion of racial justice across all levels of society. For more information visit our Facebook page for prayer ideas, or visit the website here: Churches together
‘Sing for Joy’ takes place in church at 11.00am on the third Wednesday of each month. It welcomes everybody, of any age, from across the village and beyond. Its aim is to lift the spirits and revive the memories and to encourage friendship, through hospitality and a sing-along of popular songs and hymns following seasonal themes. It is especially popular with people affected by dementia and their friends.
‘Sing for Joy’ is free, including refreshments, with a retiring collection, usually for the Alzheimer’s Society. No special musical ability is required, just join in and enjoy. Future dates are 15th Feb, 15th Mar, 19th Apr, 17th May, and 21st June.
The parish of Banstead is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops' guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer, PSO. The Diocese of Guildford’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01737 379289
- Post address: Parish Office, Church Institute, High Street, Banstead, SM7 2NG
For information about weddings, baptisms and funerals follow this link - Occasional offices
Church hall bookings are arranged by the Parish Administrator. She may be contacted by phone 01737 379289 or click below to email.
Inquiries about the Church Hall to email@example.com. The policy for bookings is also available on request.
Online streaming of our services
- Via our YouTube listed channel - to access our 930am service through YouTube, please get in touch to get hold of the link and password
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR STREAMING OF SERVICES CONTINUES TO BE UNAVAILABLE AT PRESENT DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES!! SORRY!!
Who we are?
Rev Phil Maudsley
I joined All Saints in September 2021, and would love to welcome you to All Saints as the vicar. If anyone would like pastoral support or care please do get in touch, or if we can help you in any way please do let us know. I am also the chaplain for the local branch of the Royal British Legion.
George has been a Reader since 1984 at All Saints, Banstead. His church links have been in South Africa, particularly as a chorister at the Cathedral in Bloemfontein and a Church Warden at St. John’s, Mafeking.
He was a committee member of GRIST. He is married to Hartini, from Java, and has two children, Sarah and Ivan. George is a retired head teacher who has taught on three continents.
Rosemary has been a Reader at All Saints Church since 1990. She is a widow with three grown-up children and three grandchildren.
Apart from her role in services and pastoral care, her chief ministerial responsibility is as Baptism visitor.
Sofia is currently our Children’s Worker working particularly with ASK, Teddies 10 minutes, T@3, and assemblies/quiet spaces at our local infant and junior school.
Contact Sofia on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details about what we offer for children and young people follow this link: Children and Youth
Key People in our church family:
Click here to see our churchwardens, current PCC members and other important people in the life of All Saints - All Saints PCC
To find out more about some of the groups in our church, like the choir, Mothers Union and bellringers follow this link - People
Donating to our church
If you would like to help us financially to keep serving Banstead in the name of Jesus you can do so here:
All Saints Banstead