Updates / To-do
- Added section for guides + layout changes - 21/04
- Separate entry for release groups - 22/04
- Table updated - 23/04
- Added pathways - 24/04
- Updated - 04/10
- Update Glossary
- HQ Source Groups
|Internal groups and their respective trackers||rentry.co/internals|
|HQ Source Groups||capesh.it|
- r/trackers - A subreddit for discussing public & private trackers.
- How to get started with private trackers
- getting_into_private_trackers - Helpful resource from the /r/trackers Wiki.
- A Simple Guide To A Better Ratio - A good tracker requires you to upload what you download. This guide explains many of the methods involved with keeping on top of this sometimes difficult task.
- r/OpenSignups - Open Signups - When Private Trackers Open Their Doors To The Public.
- Opentrackers.org - Private Torrent Trackers & File Sharing.
- Awesome PT - A collection of awesome PT clients, tools and scripts
Simplified pathways for newbies ★
PTP and BTN are unattainable through invite forums
Open signups -> AvistaZ / CinemaZ / ExoticaZ -> PHD
User invite -> IPT, TL
Interview -> MAM
- MAM -> FL, JPS, OT
FL -> BLU
GGn -> AB, HD-T, PTer
PTer -> CG, GPW, MT
RED -> BHD, BRKS, CGP, EMP, GGn, SC
Interview -> RED
- RED -> GGn (3 mo)
- RED -> BHD (6 mo)
- RED -> EMP (6 mo)
- RED -> GGn -> AB (6 mo)
- RED -> AB (12 mo)
Redacted - Largest private music tracker at 2.2 million+ torrents.
The best way is to join RED via IRC. The prep site is here
The interview is conducted like an online exam. They ask you to close everything but IRC and screenshot your desktop. You aren't supposed to look at the prep material. The prep site is monitored, if you try to cheat they will see your IP connecting. They'll stop the interview and ask you to admit to cheating. If you mess up you can try again the next day. If you lie they'll permaban you. So if your rural New Zealand IP shows up in the interview channel the next day they'll know it's you again. Instead, cheat by saving the prep as a pdf.
Next reach the
Elite userclass and get invited to other trackers from the forums.
The requirements for this are 50 uploads, 3 months of account age and 100GB of upload. The first two are easy, you can just upload shit from Deezer, or transcode FLACs with no mp3 version.
Getting 100GB is tricky. Without a seedbox you'll likely get 1.00 ratio on your uploaded torrents so it will take considerably more than 50 FLACs. You can seed your initial uploads with a seedbox, which should get your better returns. You could also race by autosnatching. RED is very competitive however, so do this only if you have some experience using a seedbox and configuring it correctly. Pay2win is an option, you can usually get 5-10GB filling a request for an album from Bandcamp or similar.
RED has by far the best invite forum for new users.
The goal now should be to join PTP, when it opens again. In the meantime, join the trackers you want and try to get the
Elite equivalent userclass there too. You never know what good invites can pop up on random trackers.
After getting on PTP your goal is likely BTN. Last time they recruited they wanted 15 uploads, get at least this many.
There is no reliable path to HDB other than getting noticed by someone for being a prolific uploader, encoder or just knowing someone on the inside.
If a tracker is not recruiting on one of the 4 core cabal trackers (PTP/BTN/HDB/RED) there's a good chance they are not recruiting anywhere.
- If you don't have PTP/BTN you'll need a mix of trackers to get maximum coverage. Your best bet is to get yourself a few HD trackers. BHD/BLU/UHDB will get the job done.
- At least one general tracker, usually IPT but FL or TL will do.
- Whatever niche trackers you can get your hands on, such as TVV for television and CG, SC, THC for movies. SC especially will let you request content from anywhere as long as it fits the type of content SC wants.
- Most importantly, regional trackers. They often have an enormous amount of content that isn't found anywhere else due to having such a narrow audience. If you really want Spanish content having BTN won't be of great use to you, but Spanish trackers will.
Private Tracker List
Popular trackers and their scope
Best private trackers ★
There are two kinds of trackers, content-wise: specialised and general.
General trackers will often serve the majority of your needs; bigger general trackers will usually have plenty of niche content. Popular public trackers are general trackers - RARBG, 1337x and RuTracker for example.
Due to their broad scope they will still never match the niche trackers in their particular area of specialty.
The following is a global consensus on what is considered the best tracker in their fields, namely: Anime, Books, E-learning, Games, General, HD (yeah this gets a separate category), Movies (both mainstream and obscure), Music, Porn, Scene and TV (both mainstream and obscure)
Those marked with an asterisk are the best in their category by a SIGNIFICANT margin
|Tiers||Anime||Books||E-learning||Games||General||HD||Movies (mainstream)||Movies (obscure)||Music||Porn||Scene||TV (mainstream)||TV (obscure)|
When you get on one of these you can invite yourself to the others internally
AnimeZ, AvistaZ, CinemaZ, ExoticaZ, PrivateHD
Gay-Torrents, HD-Torrents, PlayBits, SportsCult
IPT & Co.
Delidu, IPT, SceneTime, Speed.cd, TorrentDay, TorrenTing
TheEmpire, TheGeeks, TheOccult, ThePlace, TheShow
Notable private trackers
Movies / TV
- AB - AnimeBytes - Anime, manga, Asian live action, soundtracks and general weebshit. The best of its kind by a wide margin. ASSOCIATED
- PTP - PassthePopcorn - General movie tracker, the best of its kind by far. Other movie trackers can fill specific niches but 95% of everyone's needs can be filled with PTP. CABAL
- BTN - BroadcasTheNet - General TV tracker, the best of its kind by far. Other TV trackers can fill specific niches but 95% of everyone's needs can be filled with BTN. Ratioless. CABAL
- KG - Karagarga - A tracker for obscure, rare, arthouse, foreign and classic films. Very large archive; does have some content missing on PTP. ASSOCIATED
- MTV - MoreThanTV - Ratioless tracker for movies and TV, though the focus is on the latter. The closest competitor to BTN however distantly. Has been down for some months and is being rebuilt by the EMP sysop, expected to go live in early 2021. A good alternative to BTN if you haven't got it as it used to mirror the new content, while lacking the larger back catalogue.
- TVV - TV-Vault - TV only content that finished airing at least 5 years ago. Has lots of rare content not found elsewhere. Will fill much of your niche content needs if you don't have BTN and sometimes even if you do. No recruiting, user invites only. Users get lots of invites to give out and they often do so on a variety of trackers so keep your eyes peeled. Currently beyond usercap though so don't expect any for some months, "elite" userclass can still invite though. Some dated rules which are irritating.
- CG - Cinemageddon - Movies with no IMDB page, or <1000 reviews, or a score <3/10. Lots of "erotic" cinema that Travis Bickle would watch in some seedy 70's wanking kinoplex. Sister site of TVV and the invite process is the same. Below usercap, but invites are given out much less frequently than TVV.
- ANT - Anthelion - General movies, run by Alastor who has a storied history of public meltdowns. Seems to have chilled out in recent years. Shit tracker though easy to join.
- NBL - Nebulance - Sister site of ANT, also run by Alastor, Ratioless. Not terrible for new users, but still pretty shit.
- TiK - Cinematik - Untouched releases of obscure and rare content. Full Discs and so on. Very difficult to join as a user must vouch for you and then request an invite in the forums. Unnecessary for most users. ASSOCIATED
- SC - SecretCinema - Ratioless tracker for obscure, weird or arthouse movies and TV. Easy to join with a very active requests section. Users often fill from PTP/KG/TIK/CG etc so it's a good source of that content for anyone without access to a specific tracker.
- THC - The Horror Channel - Horror, sleaze, scifi, B movies etc. Boomer tracker through and through. An easy to join alternative to CG.
- BBT - BakaBT - Old anime/manga tracker. Content is curated by staff so uploads come slowly. Has IRC signups. Good for old content to supplement Nyaa.
- ADC - AsianDVDClub - Asian media, dead. Was recently "revived" as ADC2 by solcen. This was a ruse to scam donation money from people, avoid at all costs.
- ACM - AsianCinema - Untouched disc images and remuxes of asian content. Relatively new tracker and good at what it does, useless if you don't need this sort of content like all niche trackers.
- SDB - SDBits - HDB sister site, for SD content obviously. NOT a path to HDB. As SD has fallen larely out of favour the site is slowly dying, don't waste your time.
Virtually all have both movies and TV, a handful allow porn. If you don't have HDB, or even PTP/BTN than a mix of HD trackers is a good idea for maximum content coverage)
- HDB - HDBits - General HD tracker with movies/TV and porn. The best of it's kind by far. The biggest HD archive as well as the largest population of knowledgeable encoders. Often encoders on other good HD trackers will also be internal and release on HDB. CABAL
- UHDB - UHDBits - Originally a Vietnamese HD tracker. Mediocre archive. Internal encoders are good.
- BHD - BeyondHD - Notable for being very fast to get remuxes. Good for 4K content. Allows un-encoded SD content if no HD version is available.
- BLU - Blutopia - Similar in quality to BHD. Has a lot of more obscure content. Also allows SD rips of content with no HD version.
- HDT - HD-Torrents - Low quality HD tracker, though easy to join for new users. Run for profit, requires users to download >15GB quarterly or get banned. Get it if you're a brand new user but don't sweat if you lose the account eventually.
- RED - Redacted - Music tracker which has solidified it's position as the WCD successor. Controversial seedbox economy and its use as an invite stepping stone into other trackers has divided community opinion. Regardless it still has over 2 million torrents. Can be joined via IRC. CABAL
- OPS - Orpheus - Formerly Xanax, Apollo (a-poo-in-loo). Music tracker with a much more user friendly economy than RED. The archive is considerably smaller than RED's but it lacks a lot of the junk uploads people vomit onto the tracker for userclass.
- JPS - JPopsuki - Music tracker for Asian content. User invites are given out like candy. Worth joining if you like this content as much of it can't be found on RED or other big music trackers.
- E**** - ExigoMusic - Ratioless autisim based music tracker. Joined for e-peen mainly, avoid.
- IPT - IPTorrents - General tracker, the largest of it's kind. Sworn enemy of cabal as the sysop runs IPT and other trackers for profit. Has in the past DDoSed cabal trackers. Giving out user invites to IPT banned on many tracker for this reason. Worth joining if you can just don't give them any money.
- FL - FileList - Romanian general tracker. The language is some sort of indecipherable text instead of English. Decent tracker which mirrors a lot of content from HDB.
- AR - AlphaRatio - Middling tracker, more closely associated with cabal than the other general trackers.
- TL - TorrentLeech - Much like a smaller version of IPT, slightly less scummy, has open registration regularly. Now has freeleech so you can easily use it without a seedbox.
- OT - Oppaitime - JAV and hentai, but any porn is welcome for the most part. Staff & users are cabal renegades/pedophiles.
- GGn - GazelleGames - Videogames and associated content like artbooks, soundtracks etc. The best of it's kind. Other cabal not happy at all with the loli/shota content constantly posted as freeleech by the known pedophile users. ASSOCIATED
- Sows - Bemaniso - Tracker for rhythm games and related music.
- EMP - Empornium - General porn tracker and the best of its kind by far. Has every and a dedicated coomer userbase willing to buy onlyfans packs to share. ASSOCIATED
- BiB - Bibliotik - ebooks, audiobooks, some comics (though new uploads of those are banned). Focus on retail quality which means ripping them in a certain way. Strict rules and uptight admins sees users regularly btfoed who come crying to r/trackers, endlessly entertaining. Very hard economy but given the size of ebooks you could download more with the initial 2GB upload given to you than you could read in a lifetime. ASSOCIATED
- MAM - MyAnonamouse - ebooks, comics, audiobooks, radio shows, sheet music and more. VERY friendly, bordering on cultish, community. Naughty language is banned. Has IRC signups twice a week and one of the best trackers a brand new user can join.
- S - Sinderella - Korean Porn tracker, as in run by Koreans. Porn is illegal in Korea. Used to have actual Korean porn and also be closed up tighter than a nuns snatch. Admins purged all the Korean porn and started recruiting again early in 2020. Still gets frequent JAV uploads though.
- MyS - MySpleen - Obscure cartoons and nostalgic content. Things like broadcast television cartoons from the 90's with the original commercials included. Closed, but the usercount does tick up every now and then so it may be possible to join if you try hard enough.
- AOM - Art of Misdrection - Tiny meme tracker for actual wizards only, i.e you have to fool penn & teller to get in. 100% newfag bait. Don't waste your time.
- RUT - RuTracker - A semi-public tracker entirely in russian, but of unusually good quality. Hosts an enormous amount of content, some of which can't be found on private trackers. Always worth having in your back pocket for the times you are desperate to find some content, or don't feel like seeding it.
Chinese PT guide ★
- MTeam - 450k+ torrent, lots of JAV & Hentai packs, raw blurays from popular Chinese groups
- GPW - relatively new (Dec 2020) and already has 10k+ movie titles, gazelle based movie only tracker, growing very fast and has huge potential for the future
- PTer - nice to have with AvistaZ, English friendly
- U2 - 2nd best anime tracker after AB, massive collection of raw blurays which can't be found anywhere else, also has encodes
💡MT, GPW, PTer, U2 allow shared seedboxes
Not worth 👎
- TTG - focuses on Japense and Korean drama but AvistaZ is superior because of English subs
- CHD - mainly raw blurays with Chinese audio and sub
- HDC - mainly Chinese tv shows
- HDS - mainly Chinese tv shows
💡TTG, CHD, HDC, HDS don't allow shared seedboxes
The IRC channel rumoured to be used by cabal and associates to share information about users.
CABAL refers to groups of trackers who work together to share user information, using it to globally ban people who do things like sell accounts or buy invites on any of the cabal trackers. RED, PTP, BTN and HDB are the core of cabal, if you fuck up badly enough on those 4 you are for sure going to be banned from the other 3, there are tools built into the tracker software to facilitate this as well as a #KGB channel. Many other trackers are ASSOCIATED with cabal however. Getting caught commiting high crimes on them has been know to get you banned everywhere. Be careful.
Having been invited exclusively though recruitment channels, thus ensuring that you will never be banned because someone in your invite tree's ramification got caught in a selling scheme. Some trackers are impossible to get /pure/ on though, as they may not recruit from anywhere.
Having been invited by a friend who isn't staff or a staff-approved recruiter. Some /ptg/ regulars frown upon /impur/ity as it may lead to the invitee being banned in rare cases (such as a major treeban). It is sometimes the only way to get into some trackers though.
Treebanning is when admins looks at a users invite tree and bans them all. But what is a tree. Think of it like a family genealogy diagram. If you send a user invite to person A they are in your tree. If person A sends a user invite to person B, they are also in your tree, as well as you in theirs. The tree also goes upwards, if you get invited by someone you are both in each others tree. If that person also invites others the tree continues. The first invite your give out puts you in a unknown number of invite trees and it's completely out of your control. It could be years later that people in your tree sell invites. The admins might elect to treeban them, wiping out the entire tree, you included. It's why you should always try to be /pure/, by only accepting invites from official sources like recruiters.
Don't sweat too much though, admins in the past have treebanned people, but if you have a history of being a good user and are only tangentially related to the people who triggered the treeban you will probably get your account reactivated.
Dead end trackers
Dead end trackers are those which have useless or non existent invite forums. This alone does not make a tracker bad, but a shit tracker that has no invites is probably not going to be worth your time, unless it fills a particular niche you require. As described below the pathway into 95% of trackers worth joining is via RED > PTP, so lots of "dead end" trackers will still be worth joining even if you never see their invite forums at all.