- the edit code is the password to access your rentry !
- if you forget or lose the edit code , there's no way to get your rentry url back ,
although you can copy and paste the published content into a new rentry
- it's best to remember the edit code ( memorize it , write it down , etc ) if you
have a particular url that you like .. as an example , I accidentally set the wrong
edit code for rentry.co/untarnished and I lost the url now grrrr >:(
- here is a compilation of markdown you can use in rentry !
link⠀. . .⠀⠀[text goes here](leave this empty unless you want to put a link to something)
bold⠀. . .⠀⠀**text goes here**
italics⠀. . .⠀⠀*text goes here*
strikethrough⠀. . .⠀⠀~\~text goes here~~⠀. . .⠀⠀( remove the backslash )
codeblock⠀. . .⠀⠀`text goes here`
bold codeblock⠀. . .⠀⠀**`text goes here`**
italic codeblock⠀. . .⠀⠀*`text goes here`*
highlight⠀. . .⠀⠀==text goes here==
highlight and codeblock⠀. . .⠀⠀==`text goes here`==
- extra markdown combinations for links !
- to stop markdown from appearing , use this backslash ->⠀\
ex.⠀typing out⠀⠀gives you⠀*hi* , instead of making the text
- you can also leave (this) area empty , so the text is just blue for decoration !
- you can align text in rentry too !
-> these arrows make your text appear in the center of the rentry <-
like this !
-> these arrows make your text appear at the right corner of the rentry ->
like this !
without using these arrows , your text will automatically appear in the left corner of the rentry , like this sentence !
- to add an image , type out this !(and add the image's link here)
- to have a text description appear when the image is hovered over , add text in ![these brackets](image's link goes here)
EXAMPLE OF A TEXT DESCRIPTION ON AN IMAGE
- hover over the image below to see the description !
- there are also more colorful dividers that you can put in your rentry !
DIFFERENT VARIATIONS INCLUDE
!!! info This is a title !
(press space four times here)This is regular text ~
This is a title !
This is regular text ~
!!! info This is just a title !
This is just a title !
(press space four times here)This is just regular text !
This is just regular text !
- to make another type of divider in your rentry , you can type *** on a separate line where there isn't any text
- it creates a thin grey divider like the one directly below this text !
this is not an entirely full guide to rentry , but rather a way to more easily explain the main concepts to those who aren't familiar with it yet ! I wish you lots of luck in rentry making , and if you have any questions feel free to ask them on my retrospring ♡